We hear about them in stories told by others or see them happening before our eyes in television and film, but when it comes to the idea of having a one night stand we might feel a little unsure about the prospect of trying it ourselves. Why though? There’s no reason to steer clear of this life choice and there’s certainly plenty of fun to be had in it. However as with anything in life it’s always important to make sure you’re safe and remain healthy about it all in order to have the most fun possible.
You’d be surprised, but hygiene is often something overlooked by many one night standers.Whether it’s the general idea that you’re meeting a stranger and will likely never see them again orperhaps the feeling that because it’s all about the sex the effort just isn’t required in that department is irrelevant. The fact of the matter is, you shouldn’t really be skipping out on hygiene and instead be making the same efforts you would with any other type of romantic situation.
- Be sure to take a shower
- Change into a fresh change of clothes
- Slap on your best aftershave or perfume and since we’re heading to the bedroom shave those pits
- And other areas
This isn’t just for hygiene reasons but for the pleasure and enjoyment of both of you.
It shouldn’t need to be said, but your own personal safety is of the utmost importance when it comes to one night stands. Chances are you might well be meeting a random stranger for the first time (or even if you’re not) so you shouldn’t take any unnecessary risks that might get you in a sticky situation.
Let’s imagine you’re looking to meet and fuck with someone off the Internet or even someone you’ve met in a bar. Of course first instinct is to skip the introductions and jump straight into bed.
Whether it’s in a hotel or by going to their place it’s always wise to meet in a public place first. The key thing to remember is that there is no immediate rush to skip right on to the finale and it’s worth taking your time to get to know this person. Not only is this safer (you’ll soon learn if they’re right for you or a weirdo) but it’ll also benefit the pair of you when it comes to learning both your likes and dislikes.
- Bars and coffee shops are a good starting point and of course it can always lead onto more intimate things from there
- But at least you’ve taken the time to get comfortable with what is likely a stranger at first
- Again, something that may seem obvious but is worth mentioning all the same
- Safety also applies to contraception usage
- Under no circumstances should you ignore using such methods as after all this is someone you’ve likely just met
- Furthermore if this person is someone who enjoys sex of a casual nature
- It makes it more likely you might catch something from them. Be smart and bring protection
Follow these simple guidelines and every one night stand you have will be a safe and enjoyable one.